Feeling Little in the Big Sur

This past weekend, I took a slight reprise from my usual weekend busyness and went up to Big Sur for a PE class, PE 012: Beginning Backpacking.  I highly recommend this PE class; it’s an awesome way to get that 0.25 credits for PE, and the only requirements are five class meetings, a day hike and this awesome trip!  On top of this, it is a great way to make new friends, as everyone knows being stuck with seven other people in two six-hour car rides and then nonstop hiking and camping for three days is an unavoidable method to get to know people. (Shouts out to Martin Crawford (our professor), Alana, David, Laura, Johanna, Travis and Valentine!) Anyways, it was my first backpacking experience ever and I was luckily intelligent enough to document it via photographs. I will mostly let the photos speak for themselves, but for a bit of background: The first day (Friday), we drove in and hiked to our first campsite, Spruce Creek. The next day (Saturday), we hiked to our next campsite, Dutra Flats, and then the last day (Sunday), we hiked out and drove back to Claremont. The photos are in chronological order, so enjoy!