Homestretch

You know you’re ready for Thanksgiving break when you’re lying in my bed after a long day of classes, (followed by ultimate frisbee practice, an extra long dance rehearsal because our big performance is next week, and a trip up to the Scripps library to do some studying) trying and failing to will yourself to get up and take a shower. And as my mom (very excitedly) reminded me on Skype last night, its then only one month until I am back in Sydney for Winter Break. While I’m looking forward to seeing my family and friends, and catching up on a lot of sleep, at the same time, I find myself not wanting to leave college.

I feel like I’ve reached that point as a freshman where I can consider Pomona my second home. I’ve settled into a routine with my classes and extracurriculars. I can make my way around campus without getting lost, and can recognise a number of friendly faces as I walk from place to place. My sponsor group really is like a family. I know what dining halls to go to on what days. I’ve made my way to the local shops in the village and Montclair Plaza. All in all, I would say I’ve settled in pretty well and although I realise it is a bit early to be thinking about Winter Break, I have a feeling the next few weeks will go by pretty quickly, and all of the sudden I’ll find myself sitting in Sydney and feeling a little bit homesick for Pomona.