Goodbye

To me, one of the weirdest things as I finish up freshman year is that I’m having to come to terms with saying goodbye, and not just a ‘ have a great summer, see you in three months’ type of thing, but actual ‘hope to see you again sometime, but if not, have a great life’ goodbyes. I just assumed that this wouldn’t be a problem in my first year. I mean, I’m still going to be around for the next three years, but I guess I realised not everyone or everything else will be. So I guess it’s time to get super sentimental start saying goodbye. (Yes, I am going there as a freshman. I’m going to be a complete mess in three years.)

To Mudd 1 Back: Technically, the hall isn’t going anywhere and neither are the people, but I still feel like I’m saying goodbye to a small part of my sponsor group. To knowing that at any given time I can poke my head out of my door and be greeted by my spibs. To always having people to go to brunch or dinner with. To being able to act absolutely insane in the hallway and have it be no big deal (and have people join in).

To my room: Again, I know you aren’t going anywhere, Mudd 164, but soon enough you will be some new freshman’s room. The furniture’s going to be all out of place, the walls will be decorated with unfamiliar posters, and you won’t be my room anymore. Thanks for being a good first home away from my family’s home.

To the seniors: Okay, now we’re getting to actual goodbyes. To the seniors that I know, I kind of hate you because you’re leaving already wish you were sticking around so that I could get to know you even better. I definitely look up to you guys and will miss seeing you around campus. I really hope to see you again in the future (come back for Alumni Weekend!) but if not, know that I have absolute faith that it will work out and you will be amazing.

To being a freshman: I have absolutely loved my freshman year. It’s going to be weird coming back and not being the babies at the school. And feeling like I actually have to know things and have my stuff together. I’ve had such an amazing freshman experience, and I don’t want it to be over! But all good things must come to an end, and all that. And I still have finals week to get through!