Dinner (Holiday Party)

Today at Frank Dining Hall, students gathered to have a holiday-esque dinner.

Complete with decorations characteristic of the season, decked-out Frank was a nice place to celebrate on this last day of classes.

Despite the long lines to get food, there were many highlights: I had my first sample of eggnog; there was the beloved pecan pie; the place looked nice; one could see sponsor groups exchanging gifts; there was a table where you could decorate your own sugar cookie.

Here is the cookie-decorating station

I think it’s nice that Pomona does these things for us to make us feel at home. While you can’t beat a dinner with family, this stuff is still pretty cool to happen upon when you’re in the middle of essay-writing and finals-studying.

Here is the main line’s menu. What is “Yorkshire pudding”

On this occasion, I went to eat with spiblings Cristina Lopez and Janet Herrera. None of us actually knew this was going on till Herrera told us. Herrera is such a nerd. She actually checks the menu.

While there, we ran into Jonah Grubb, another of our spiblings.

I saw a lot of people from my classes, and I realized I’d never see them in the same class ever again. Thank goodness school is almost over I will cherish all the memories I have shared with them while in the intimate seminar classroom setting.

At any rate, here are more pictures of Frank.

Let it be known that taking such pictures causes people to look at you like you are weird.