Bad at Badminton and Other Revelations of the New Semester

Ahhh, so here we are again.  Another semester has begun and with it comes new classes, new professors, new sleep schedules, and of course a stocked up pantry in my dorm (though I’ll admit, it has only been a week and the amount of food in my room is already way less than a week ago).  Even though the semester is still young, I have already learned several things.

First, to put it lightly, I am not the best badminton player in the world. I really wanted to take an interesting PE class this semester and badminton fit in my schedule.  Three classes later and I still can’t get the birdie over the net, but after today’s class I actually made contact with the birdie a few times!—hey it’s the little things, right?  Very briefly I considered dropping the class but quickly stopped myself.  I could have easily taken a class that didn’t involve specific skills, but I chose to challenge myself and take a class I would most likely never have the chance to take again.  I really do like the game, and will continue to work hard at improving, but I’ve decided that becoming a professional badminton player may have to be put on hold.

Secondly, just because I can stay up until 1 am doesn’t mean I should.  So far this semester, my work load has been slightly less than last semester.  Though I have no doubts the work load will be picking up soon, probably as I type this, I have been enjoying having just the right amount of work.  That being said, I seem to continue to think it is necessary to go to bed when I would if I still had a lot of work to do.  One of these days, when I’m up until 3 am doing work, I will wish so badly to be able to go back to this week when I could’ve gotten a lot of sleep.

It is crazy that it has only been a week since the semester started.  It feels like it has been a month!  Pretty soon, however, I know it’ll be finals week and I’ll be wishing for time to slow down. Here’s to semester 4!