Organic Dinner

Look at all the wonderful dishes!  Photo credit Roxana Garcia
Look at all the wonderful dishes!  (Photo credit Roxana Garcia)

Some of my favorite things about Pomona are food related (I love good food!) and so something I look forward to every year is the Organic Dinner!  It happened last night at Frank and it was absolutely delicious.  I ate waaaay too much but itwas definitely worth it.  From eggplant parmesan pizza to pumpkin ravioli, everything was pretty amazing—and organic!  Perhaps some of it was local too.  This is an awesome annual tradition that celebrates some of the things I love most in this world: excellent food, sustainability, and fancy Frank dinners with live music.

I’ve actually managed to go to all the Organic Dinners in my time here at Pomona (besides last spring when I was abroad) which is I feel an accomplishment in itself.  My freshman year it was in Walker lounge, not Frank, and the food was provided by the Shakedown Café at Pitzer.  From that day on my friends and I vowed we would go eat at the Shakedown—and unfortunately it’s still on our to-do list because somehow we haven’t managed to get over there yet.  We will get there, someday soon I hope!

Anyway, enough about that.  Here’s another look at the excellent food from Organic Dinner! (and people, too).