The Shakedown!

Super excited to finally be here!
Super excited to finally be here!

As you may have read in my post about the recent Organic Dinner, ever since my freshman year when Pitzer’s Shakedown Café catered that first organic dinner it has been a goal to go eat at the Shakedown.  It’s not really that daunting of a goal, I suppose, but somehow my friends and I never managed to get there.  We tried to go for my birthday, but it’s right at the beginning of the school year so it wasn’t open yet.  We may have tried to go another time and failed.  It’s open starting at 6 pm Sunday through Thursday, but I have rehearsal at 6:30 pretty much every weeknight and on Sundays it is difficult to convince your friends to go all the way up to Pitzer for dinner.

But yesterday all that changed.  After our orchestra concert this past weekend, we had a break from rehearsal yesterday, leaving me with an unexpected free Tuesday evening.  What better way to capitalize on this free time than to finally get over to the Shakedown?

Shakedown Interior
Shakedown Interior

So I gathered a group of friends and we all headed over.  It is really comfy and chill in there, with armchairs and couches and books and puzzles. I think everything is local and organic and sustainable and all sorts of other good things, plus it was all delicious!  They have burgers, excellent veggie burgers, pizza, sandwiches, and cool desserts like flourless nutella cake.  I got to have both caramelized onions in multiple capacities and a chai latte, so pretty much everything I could ask for (except avocado—they were out).  I hope that now that I’ve actually been there I can go again!

Look at us all squished in the corner!
Look at us all squished in the corner!