Fall Break Day 1

Ahhh! Fall Break is finally here and it couldn’t have come fast enough. After a stressful two weeks of midterms and essays, an extra long weekend is exactly what I needed. I came back home yesterday afternoon after taking a midterm at 8 am, but I consider today (Saturday) my first official day of Fall Break 2012, and I’m loving every minute of it.

First of all, the weather is cold!  It went from 90 degrees to cold and raining in like 5 days.  This weather makes me want to stay in bed all day, drink something warm and relax.  Luckily it’s break time so I can!  I’m taking advantage of the cold weather by wrapping myself in my way-too-big Pomona sweatshirt, drinking my first peppermint mocha of the season, listening to relaxing music, and writing this blog post.  I absolutely love the fall and winter weather.  Don’t get me wrong, a day or two of beach weather is awesome, but for me nothing beats the crisp and cool air of the last few months of the year.

I also went to Korean Barbecue for lunch today.  I live near an area where there a lots of amazing Asian restaurants, but Korean Barbecue is one of my favorites.  Basically you pay one price and then you get unlimited meat and sides that you cook yourself right on a hot grill at your table.  Most people go to Korean Barbecue for the beef, but I love the marinated chicken with rice and a little hot sauce. SO YUMMY.  I don’t get Korean BBQ much, so it is always a treat when I do.  More important than the food, (ok well equally as important) I was able to catch up with some friends from high school who are also on their fall breaks or who live at home for school.  I have been so busy this year that I haven’t had a chance to talk with my high school friends as much as last year, so being back here is a great chance to catch up. After lunch we went across the street to get boba.  Boba is another one of those things I don’t get a lot when I’m at school and is a huge treat when I come home.

Mango green tea with boba is one of my favorite foods.
So Yummy!

Currently I am sitting on the couch in my living room with the rest of my family, eating some homemade banana bread (thanks mom!), drinking tea and finishing up this post.  Tonight I’m going to do some work, but also watch a movie and just catch up on the relaxation I have missed so much.  While I absolutely love being at school because of all the things there are to do, there are times when I just want to sit and let my thoughts wander.  Fall break day 1: you have treated me well.

Happy Fall Break to all!