Thoughts from Spring Break 2013–Almost Halfway Through!

Today is the first official day of spring break 2013.  It’s crazy to think that in 2 short months, I’ll officially be a junior!  I’m pretty sure I make a comment about how fast college is going every single time we have a break, but this time it’s a lot more unbelievable.  My friends  studying abroad fall of junior year have heard for sure what countries they’ll be going to; there’s a constant buzz in the air about declaring a major since it has to be done by the end of sophomore year. How can I be almost halfway through my college career!?  

I really do feel like I’m still a first-year, yet so soon I will be closer to graduation than orientation.  Realizing how fast time flies, I’ve decided that I need to make every day at Pomona count.  I want to be able to look back at my years here and know that I took advantage of everything Pomona has to offer: from interesting classes to engaging discussions and panels and everything in between.  In our busy lives as students, it’s easy to get stuck within a daily routine, but so many more opportunities lie outside the confines of routine that it is important to break away and take advantage of these opportunities. My personal goal for the rest of this year as well as my last two years is to do something at least once a week that lies beyond the confines of my daily routine, whether that be trying a new sport, attending an interesting lecture, or learning to ride a single person bike with two people.

While I cannot believe I’m almost halfway done, I’m so excited for what the next two years have in store for me!